Experience the ease of modern spine surgery, where techniques prioritize swift recovery and optimal outcomes. Recent innovations, such as minimally invasive spine surgery, have transformed the landscape, making the prospect of spine surgery far less intimidating.
Explore the extensive benefits of minimally invasive spine surgery:
- Less Tissue Damage: Minimally invasive spine surgery aims to access the spine through small incisions, minimizing the disruption to surrounding healthy tissue. Reduced trauma to the muscles, ligaments, and tendons of the spine helps to maintain its integrity and natural anatomy.
- Quicker Recovery: Compared to traditional open spine surgery, the minimally invasive techniques allow for a much easier and faster recovery. Because much less healthy tissue is damaged, the only site needing healing is the surgical site.
- Shorter Hospital Stays: Minimally invasive spine surgeries will have much shorter hospital stays compared to traditional spine surgery. Depending on the surgery, you may even be able to go home the same day, returning to comfort and saving hospital costs.
- Minimized Complication Risk: Larger incisions increase the risk of infection and excess blood loss. However, through minimally invasive techniques, the incisions along the spine are small, reducing exposure to contaminants and diminishing blood loss.
- Less Scarring: As mentioned, the incisions made for minimally invasive spine surgery are small. This means that once your wound has healed, your scarring will be minimal giving you better cosmetic results.
- Reduced Rehabilitation: Physical therapy is needed to help rebuild damaged muscles and gain strength back after spine surgery. For minimally invasive spine surgery, much less rehabilitation is required due to the majority of muscles and soft tissue remaining intact.
Embrace the advancements that pave the way for a more approachable and efficient approach to spine surgery at the Spine Clinic of Oklahoma City.
AUTHOR: Dr. Brett Braly is a board-certified fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in spinal surgery. Dr. Braly is a leading advocate for minimally invasive techniques in spine surgery. Dr. Braly is named among the top “20 under 40” best spine surgeons by the North American Spine Society.